Canuck Classic 2017
Urban Squash Toronto
75 Carl Hall Rd, Unit 15
Toronto, ON, Canada
April 21-23, 2017
Tournament Director: Brent Adamson, firstname.lastname@example.org
This three-day event will include a one-day individual tournament and one-day team tournament held at Urban Squash Toronto. Friday will be ice breakers, fun match play, and games. Saturday will be an individual tournament going from 8am to 5pm followed by a Saturday night outing. Sunday will be a team tournament starting 8am to 11am followed by an award ceremony. Departure scheduled for noon. All meals will be provided.
The draws will be split by ability. The individual tournament will have an A, B, C structure and the team tournament will line up for students to compete against others of the same ability. The teams for the team tournament will consist of 9 players. More students can take part in the individual tournament, but only 9 will be selected to compete on Sunday’s team tournament.
$20 per student payable to Urban Squash Toronto to help cover some of the food cost
Students and staff will stay at the Urban Squash Toronto facility and should bring sleeping bags and toiletries. Urban Squash Toronto will provide 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners.
NUSEA Rules of Play
- Sportsmanship – High level of sportsmanship is expected of all players.
- Eyewear – All players must wear the proper protective eyewear during matches. Players will not be permitted to solely wear prescription eyeglasses on court. Programs will need to provide i-MASKS or other protective eyewear for players wearing prescription eyeglasses.
- Uniforms – All players must wear their respective program’s uniforms.
- Referee Requirement – All players are expected to know how to referee and mark, and will be required to referee or mark the match following their own.
- Default – A 15 minute default rule will be followed.
- Banners – All programs are expected to bring their program banners to hang at the event.