Deerfield Summer Squad
Deerfield Academy & Eaglebrook School
Monday, June 29- Thursday July 2, 2015
NUSEA Contact: Sage Ramadge; email@example.com
3/27 – Nominations submitted on-line
4/10 – Programs notified the # of allotted students
4/24 – Student Confirmation, Release Forms, Travel Arrangements, & Payment (Where applicable) submitted to NUSEA
Squad Nomination Form
$150 per student
Number of participants: 40 current urban squashers
Ages: Current 6th-11th graders
Selection Criteria and Process
Players should be nominated based exclusively on squash level, enthusiasm for squash, and work ethic in squash training.
Monday, 2:00 pm: Check-in
3:30 pm: Programs start
Thursday, 2:00 pm: Check out
NUSEA will be hiring 1 Squad Director, 1-2 Assistant Directors, 1 Squad Manager, and 6-8 Counselors. Please email Sage Ramadge at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about staff positions.
Students will sleep in Deerfield Academy dormitories.
Students will need to bring sheets, a pillow, a towel, and clothing for 4 days of squash training, sneakers, court shoes, 1-2 racquets, protective eyewear, toiletries and casual clothing.
Students and staff will eat in the Deerfield Academy dining hall.
Squash sessions, of which there will be 1-3 each day, will take place at the 10-court squash center at Deerfield Academy and the 6-court squash center at Eaglebrook School across the street from Deerfield Academy.
Students are required to bring $25 in spending money.
- New York: NUSEA will provide a bus from New York City departing at 9am on Monday 6/29. The bus will pick up in New Haven at 11:30am and drop off at Deerfield Academy at 1:30pm. The bus will depart Deerfield at 2pm on Thursday July 2nd, with drop off in New Haven at 3:30pm and in New York City at 5:30pm.
- Boston: For students unable to be dropped off in Deerfield, NUSEA staff and volunteers will provide transportation from the Boston airport, train, and bus stations to Deerfield, MA, which is an hour and a half’s drive from Boston.
- New York: Students are required to arrive in New York no later than 7:30am on Monday, June 29; students who cannot arrive by 7:30am on Monday are required to arrive on Sunday and arrange accommodation.
- Boston: Students are required to arrive in Boston no later than noon on Monday, June 29; students who cannot arrive by noon on Monday are required to arrive on Sunday and arrange accommodation.
- New York: Students are not permitted to have scheduled flight, bus or train departures out of New York before 7pm on Thursday, July 2.
- Boston: Students are not permitted to have scheduled flight, bus or train departures out of Boston before 4pm on Thursday, July 2.
Consent, Health and Waiver Form (PDF)