Lawrenceville Summer Scholars Program
July 8 – July 27
Number of scholarships: 2
Age: current 6-8th graders
Member Program Tuition Cost: $975 per student
Market Value Price: $5,500 per student
SEA Primary Contact: Alana Lerner; firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrenceville Primary Contacts: Bernadette Teeley; email@example.com and Gina Colati; firstname.lastname@example.org
January 11 – Programs notified of student selections
January 18 – Programs must confirm that selected students will move forward with application process
March 1 – Deadline for full Lawrenceville Summer School Application submitted directly to Lawrenceville
SELECTION & APPLICATION NEXT STEPS **time sensitive
SEA will announce the two nominees who have been chosen to submit their application to Lawrenceville on January 11, 2018. After confirming participation, selected nominees will then be required to fill out the full Lawrenceville Summer School application and follow the steps below.
Application materials will be uploaded directly to the online student application portal.
1. Member Program advisors should read overview of the student application process: 2018 Lawrenceville Summer Scholars General Application Website
2. Complete Online Application – Application fee will be waived. Type in “SEA urban squash program” in the Comments section to identify the applicant as part of our organization.
3. Unofficial school transcript (a photocopy of transcript is acceptable) – Be sure your school includes a transcript with current courses and current grades. Upload through online portal.
4. Student Writing Sample – 2 paragraphs
In one well-developed paragraph, please respond to the following prompt: Why do you want to attend Lawrenceville Summer Scholars? In a second paragraph, please tell us what you hope to contribute to the Summer Scholars community. Upload through online portal.
5. Teacher Recommendation Form – Provide one teacher with this Teacher Recommendation Form to have them submit on their own.
SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION, FEES, ADDITIONAL COSTS
Tuition, Fees and Additional Costs
Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs. Tuition for Lawrenceville gets sent directly to the school, not SEA.
PLEASE NOTE that each school requires additional funds (between $200-$500) for books, supplies and incidentals that are not included in the tuition. Programs may be asked to pay for these costs upfront upon acceptance of each student and is an additional cost to the tuition. In certain cases, an initial enrollment fee upon acceptance may also be requested and will vary in amount depending on the school and the financial documents submitted by the students’ families. For Lawrenceville, all students are required to show proof of health insurance.
To determine the amount of scholarship allotted, most schools will require the family of each student to fill out a confidential financial questionnaire and provide copies of 2016 or 2017 IRS 1040 Forms and copies of Supporting W-2 Forms and/or 1099 Forms from the same year as the IRS 1040 Form. **Based on this information, the school may ask for an additional contribution from a student’s family based on their ability to pay. It is very important that this is clear to your students’ families before you make your nominations – they must be willing to disclose financial information and able to provide supporting documentation, and they may be asked by the school to contribute to the cost of the program.
Member Programs should be prepared to contribute for each student accepted:
- Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs.
- Additional stipend for books, supplies, and incidentals (between $200-$500)
- Travel costs
SEA is committed to raising the following funds for each student accepted:
- Balance of scholarship tuition
- $100 towards airfare (if necessary)
- Application fee for selected students
For general inquiries, see the link below.
Lawrenceville Summer Scholars Program
For specific concerns, please contact Alana Lerner, Director of Academic Programs & Alumni Support