Miss Porter’s Summer Leadership Program
July 8 – July 28, 2018
Number of scholarships: 2
Age: current 7th grade girls
Member Program Tuition Cost: $975 per student
Market Value Price: $4,500 per student
SEA Primary Contact: Alana Lerner; email@example.com
Miss Porter’s Primary Contact: Kat Simison; firstname.lastname@example.org
January 11 – Programs notified of student selections
January 18 – Programs must confirm that selected students will move forward with application process
March 1 – Deadline for full Miss Porter’s Summer School Application submitted directly to Miss Porter’s
SELECTION & APPLICATION NEXT STEPS **time sensitive
SEA will announce the three nominees who have been chosen to submit their application to Miss Porter’s on January 11, 2018. After confirming participation, selected nominees will then be required to fill out the full Miss Porter’s application and follow the steps below.
Application materials will all be submitted online through the Miss Porter’s application portal. Any additional mailings can be sent to:
Miss Porter’s Summer Program
attn: Kat Simison
60 Main Street
Farmington, CT 06032
1. Member Program advisors should read the overview of the program and have students select their week 1 session: Miss Porter’s Summer Programs
Week 1 – July 8-14: Entrepreneurship & Financial Empowerment OR Storytelling
Week 2 – July 15-21: Leadership Institute 1
Week 3 – July 22-28: Leadership Institute 2
**please DO NOT select the squash option. Girls will be able to participate in the squash session during week 3 but not as a full course.
2. Begin Online Registration, then call Porter’s Director to finalize submission – You will need to create an account to access the system and begin the registration contact info form for Porter’s Summer Programs. Complete the initial information through question #16 and save the application (see below). The guardian information could be the member program advisor to ensure that all emails are received and reviewed. **Then, please call and email Kat Simison (email@example.com, 860-409-3612) so that she can complete the registration on their end and bypass the $500 deposit fee required.
SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION, FEES, ADDITIONAL COSTS
Tuition, Fees and Additional Costs
Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs. Tuition for Miss Porter’s gets sent directly to the school, not SEA.
PLEASE NOTE that each school requires additional funds (between $200-$500) for books, supplies and incidentals that are not included in the tuition. Programs may be asked to pay for these costs upfront upon acceptance of each student and is an additional cost to the tuition. In certain cases, an initial enrollment fee upon acceptance may also be requested and will vary in amount depending on the school and the financial documents submitted by the students’ families.
To determine the amount of scholarship allotted, most schools will require the family of each student to fill out a confidential financial questionnaire and provide copies of 2016 or 2017 IRS 1040 Forms and copies of Supporting W-2 Forms and/or 1099 Forms from the same year as the IRS 1040 Form. **Based on this information, the school may ask for an additional contribution from a student’s family based on their ability to pay. It is very important that this is clear to your students’ families before you make your nominations – they must be willing to disclose financial information and able to provide supporting documentation, and they may be asked by the school to contribute to the cost of the program.
Member Programs should be prepared to contribute for each student accepted:
- Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs.
- Additional stipend for books, supplies, and incidentals (between $200-$500)
- Travel costs
SEA is committed to raising the following funds for each student accepted:
- Balance of scholarship tuition
- $100 towards airfare (if necessary)
- Application fee for selected students
For general inquiries, see the link below.
Miss Porter’s Summer Program
For specific concerns, please contact Alana Lerner, Director of Academic Programs & Alumni Support