Phillips Academy Andover Summer Session
July 3 – August 5, 2018
Number of scholarships: 3
Age: current 9th – 11th graders
Member Program Tuition Cost: $1,625 per student
Market Value Price: $8,850 per student
SEA Primary Contact: Alana Lerner; firstname.lastname@example.org
Andover Primary Contact: Anneke Skidmore; email@example.com
January 11 – Programs notified of student selections
January 18 – Programs must confirm that selected students will move forward with application process
February 1 – Deadline for Andover’s Parents Financial Statement Application
March 1 – Deadline for full Andover Summer School Application and Financial Aid materials submitted directly to Andover
April 1 – May 1 – Deadline to send required tax forms and upload to PFS
SELECTION & APPLICATION NEXT STEPS **time sensitive
SEA will announce the three nominees who have been chosen to submit their application to Andover on January 11, 2018. After confirming participation, selected nominees will then be required to fill out the full Phillips Academy Andover Summer Session application and follow the steps below.
Application materials will all be submitted online through the Andover application portal.
1. Member Program advisors should read overview of the application process: Phillips Academy Andover Summer Session – How to Apply page.
2. Complete the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) for Andover via their Financial Aid Application webpage by February 1 (scroll to bottom of webpage) – SEA will reimburse you for the fee (please send Alana Lerner an email). After submitting your PFS, you will have access in the PFS Online to a section called “Documents.” You can upload additional 2017 tax documents required when they are ready: 2017 tax return (by April 1) with all schedules, W-2s and 1099s. Although required, your 2017 1040 is due by May 1.
3. Complete Online Application – Students must first create a log-in – please click here to establish a username and password by completing an Online Inquiry form. Once they have a username/password, they may begin the application here.
**Our application waiver code is GD0085. The online application portal will be the place to upload any supplementary forms and documents needed to complete the process. A completed application requires the following to be uploaded via the online portal:
-Graded Writing Sample
-Recommendation from Core Content Instructor
-Recommendation from Guidance Counselor
SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION, FEES, ADDITIONAL COSTS
Tuition, Fees and Additional Costs
Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs. Tuition for Andover gets sent directly to the school, not SEA.
PLEASE NOTE that each school requires additional funds (between $200-$500) for books, supplies and incidentals that are not included in the tuition. Programs may be asked to pay for these costs upfront upon acceptance of each student and is an additional cost to the tuition. In certain cases, an initial enrollment fee upon acceptance may also be requested and will vary in amount depending on the school and the financial documents submitted by the students’ families.
To determine the amount of scholarship allotted, most schools will require the family of each student to fill out a confidential financial questionnaire and provide copies of 2016 or 2017 IRS 1040 Forms and copies of Supporting W-2 Forms and/or 1099 Forms from the same year as the IRS 1040 Form. **Based on this information, the school may ask for an additional contribution from a student’s family based on their ability to pay. It is very important that this is clear to your students’ families before you make your nominations – they must be willing to disclose financial information and able to provide supporting documentation, and they may be asked by the school to contribute to the cost of the program.
Member Programs should be prepared to contribute for each student accepted:
- Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs.
- Additional stipend for books, supplies, and incidentals (between $200-$500)
- Travel costs
SEA is committed to raising the following funds for each student accepted:
- Balance of scholarship tuition
- $100 towards airfare (if necessary)
- Application fee for selected students
For general inquiries, see the link below.
Andover Summer Program
For specific concerns, please contact Alana Lerner, Director of Academic Programs & Alumni Support