Salisbury Summer School
July 1– August 3, 2018
*students flying in must arrive June 30 to JFK airport
Number of scholarships: 4
Age: current 6th-12th graders
Member Program Tuition Cost: $1,625 per student
Market Value Price: $7,950 per student
SEA Primary Contact: Alana Lerner; firstname.lastname@example.org
Salisbury Primary Contact: Charlie Frankenbach; email@example.com
January 11 – Programs notified of student selections
January 18 – Programs must confirm that selected students will move forward with application process
March 1 – Deadline for full Salisbury Summer School Application
SELECTION & APPLICATION NEXT STEPS **time sensitive
SEA will announce the four nominees who have been chosen to submit their application to Salisbury on January 11, 2018. After confirming participation, selected nominees will then be required to fill out the full Salisbury Summer School application and follow the steps below.
Application materials may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Complete the application form and parental statement – All SEA students will get a fee waiver so please disregard the note for $30. To do so, in the name section, please put a dash and write Squash and Education Alliance student (ie. John Smith – Squash and Education Alliance student).
*A brief student response essay is required in this form. Advisors, please proofread prior to submission.
3. Teacher Recommendations (One English teacher and one other subject) – Distribute the English Teacher Recommendation form and the general Teacher Recommendation form to your student’s teachers. Please provide a stamped and addressed envelope for them to directly send to Salisbury upon completion.
Teachers must send the forms directly to:
Salisbury Summer School Admissions Office
251 Canaan Road
Salisbury, CT 06068
4. Transcript – Provide a copy of student’s most recent transcript.
5. Writing Sample and Optional Test Scores– Provide a graded writing sample, preferably a paper from the student’s English class. An additional optional submission is the student’s SSAT, PSAT, or SAT scores and WISC test results if available. This will only help guide Salisbury in the course selection for the student.
SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION, FEES, ADDITIONAL COSTS
Tuition, Fees and Additional Costs
Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs. Tuition for Salisbury gets sent directly to the school, not SEA.
PLEASE NOTE that each school requires additional funds (between $200-$500) for books, supplies and incidentals that are not included in the tuition. Programs may be asked to pay for these costs upfront upon acceptance of each student and is an additional cost to the tuition. In certain cases, an initial enrollment fee upon acceptance may also be requested and will vary in amount depending on the school and the financial documents submitted by the students’ families.
To determine the amount of scholarship allotted, most schools will require the family of each student to fill out a confidential financial questionnaire and provide copies of 2016 or 2017 IRS 1040 Forms and copies of Supporting W-2 Forms and/or 1099 Forms from the same year as the IRS 1040 Form. **Based on this information, the school may ask for an additional contribution from a student’s family based on their ability to pay. It is very important that this is clear to your students’ families before you make your nominations – they must be willing to disclose financial information and able to provide supporting documentation, and they may be asked by the school to contribute to the cost of the program.
Member Programs should be prepared to contribute for each student accepted:
- Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs.
- Additional stipend for books, supplies, and incidentals (between $200-$500)
- Travel costs *Salisbury offers a shuttle from JFK airport for students. Must arrive on Saturday, June 30
SEA is committed to raising the following funds for each student accepted:
- Balance of scholarship tuition
- $100 towards airfare (if necessary)
- Application fee for selected students
For general inquiries, see the link below.
Salisbury Summer School Program
For specific concerns, please contact Alana Lerner, Director of Academic Programs & Alumni Support