University of Notre Dame Pre-College Program
Notre Dame, IN
Date dependent on program selection:
Summer Scholars, June 22 – July 6, 2019
Leadership Seminars, July 13 – July 24, 2019
Number of scholarships: 4
Age: current 10th – 11th graders; 11th only for Leadership Seminars
Member Program Tuition Cost: $900 per student or $150 per student (Leadership Seminars program requires $150 confirmation fee then covers all other costs including travel)
Market Value Price: $3,500 per student
SEA Primary Contact: Sonia Gonzalez; email@example.com
Northwestern Primary Contact: Angie Yugo; firstname.lastname@example.org
January 14 – Programs notified of student selections
January 25 – Programs must confirm that selected students will move forward with application process
January 28 – Deadline for Leadership Seminars application submitted directly to Notre Dame
February 12 – Deadline for full Summer Scholars program and financial aid application submitted directly to Notre Dame
SELECTION & APPLICATION NEXT STEPS **time sensitive
SEA will announce the nominees who have been chosen to submit their application to Notre Dame on January 14, 2019. After confirming participation, selected nominees will then be required to fill out the full Notre Dame Summer Program application and follow the steps below. All application materials should be uploaded and submitted via the Notre Dame Summer Application portal.
1. Create a pre-college summer application account for the Leadership Seminars or Summer Scholars Application– Click here to read about the eligibility and application requirements for Leadership Seminars, and click here to read about the Summer Scholars requirements. Please be sure to create only one account per applicant. **Provide an email address that will get checked regularly!
3. Complete Application Form and Personal Statement – Your application provides basic information about you. In addition, students should be prepared to write an essay telling us:
what you hope to learn in the program to which you are applying; why this is of interest to you; what contributions you hope to make; and any further information you want to convey to Notre Dame admissions.
**Advisors, the essay is the most important part of the application and needs to show thoughtfulness. Please proofread your students’ submission.
4. Submit Academic Transcript and Test Scores – **Member program advisors may put their own name and email address under “school counselors” and submit a transcript that contains grades for current academic term and all years in high school, as well as a counselor report and school profile. Students may scan a copy of your score report (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so.
5. Letter of Recommendation – Students must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher (once the application has been submitted, an email will be sent to the recommending teacher with instructions for how to submit the letter).
6. Financial Aid Application – For summer scholars, students must also submit the Request for Financial Aid form online. No supplemental documents must be submitted, but families should write a short statement in the final section. Please reach out to Sonia Gonzalez, email@example.com, with additional questions about this form.
SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION, FEES, ADDITIONAL COSTS
Tuition, Fees and Additional Costs
Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs. Tuition for Notre Dame will be paid directly to Notre Dame.
PLEASE NOTE that each school requires additional funds (between $200-$500) for books, supplies and incidentals that are not included in the tuition. Programs may be asked to pay for these costs upfront upon acceptance of each student and is an additional cost to the tuition. In certain cases, an initial enrollment fee upon acceptance may also be requested and will vary in amount depending on the school and the financial documents submitted by the students’ families.
To determine the amount of scholarship allotted, most schools will require the family of each student to fill out a confidential financial questionnaire and provide copies of 2017 or 2018 IRS 1040 Forms and copies of Supporting W-2 Forms and/or 1099 Forms from the same year as the IRS 1040 Form. **Based on this information, the school may ask for an additional contribution from a student’s family based on their ability to pay. It is very important that this is clear to your students’ families before you make your nominations – they must be willing to disclose financial information and able to provide supporting documentation, and they may be asked by the school to contribute to the cost of the program.
Member Programs should be prepared to contribute for each student accepted:
- Member programs should be prepared to contribute $325 per week for private school summer programs and $450 per week for pre-college programs.
- Additional stipend for books, supplies, and incidentals (between $200-$500)
- Travel costs
SEA is committed to raising the following funds for each student accepted:
- Balance of scholarship tuition
- $100 towards airfare (if necessary)
- Application fee for selected students
For general inquiries, see the link below.
Notre Dame Pre-College Summer Programs
For specific concerns, please contact Sonia Gonzalez, Director of Educational Partnerships & Alumni, firstname.lastname@example.org