Urban Team Nationals 2017
SquashSmarts, Drexel University, University of Pennsylvania, The Racquet Club of Philadelphia
January 14-16, 2017
Tournament Director: Jazmin Matos, firstname.lastname@example.org
11/10 – Programs submit Team Request Form for the number of teams/entries by age group
11/17 – Programs notified of the number of allotted teams/entries in each category
12/1 – Programs confirm number of teams they are bringing
12/9 – Academic contest finalists from each program submitted to email@example.com
12/13 – Programs submit rosters on US Squash system. T-Shirt Request Form and waivers for all attending players and staff submitted to NUSEA. Payments made online.
*$5/student late fee applies for roster or team changes and waivers submitted after this date
12/16 – Release preliminary seeding. Petition period opens
12/19 – Seeding petitions due
1/5 – Pre-tournament informational call with all available/attending staff members.
1/5 – Programs notified of Academic Contest winners
1/10 – Final tournament draw posted on US Squash site
1/14 – Roster order cannot change after check-in
This year, Team Nationals will run the Saturday, Sunday and Monday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend. This year, we will start later in the day on Saturday (2:00PM) and run through Monday. Please plan to leave the facility no earlier than 2:00PM on Monday. Team Nationals will include U13, U15, U17, and U19 divisions for boys and girls. Only current after-school participants may compete in this event as it is a team-based event (no boarding school or college students). Each participating program must have up-to-date US Squash profiles for their players to enter in this tournament. Teams of five are highly encouraged, but teams of four will be accepted for those who cannot fill a team of five. The weekend will also include academic programming and an awards ceremony running alongside the tournament.
Notes on Rosters:
- Teams are highly encouraged to have 5 players. Four players will be accepted. Teams may include two alternates, ranked on the ladder as positions 6/7.
- Teams of four default their fifth match, but are required to have a student play twice to fulfill the 5-position match.
- Due to time constraints, alternates will not have an “alternate” match to play. Coaches must substitute alternates into the ladder for students to play matches. Alternates act as part of the ranked ladder, as positions 6/7, and therefore if brought into the official ladder must stay at the bottom positions.
- If a student cannot play for any reason, the student seeded directly behind her/him must bump up one spot. For example, if player 5 on the A-division team becomes injured, player 6 (who would have been player 1 on the B-division team) bumps up to play in the 5 spot of the A team, and player 2 on the B-division team bumps up to player 1, etc. Therefore, when submitting rosters, submit any player who may play during the weekend (this includes alternates). Students should be submitted in proper ladder order based on in-program challenge matches.
- Roster ladders may not change after check-in for the tournament.
- Seedings are based on rankings and finalized by the Seedings Committee.
Travel and Food
Programs are eligible for a $100 airfare subsidy per student, up to 10 total students. Lunch will be provided on Sunday and Monday. NUSEA will put together hotel blocks for the weekend and send the information via email.
T-Shirt Request Form
General Overnight-Tournament Packing List
3890 N 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Kline & Specter Squash Center
3301 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
|University of Pennsylvania
Ringe Squash Courts
219 S 32nd St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The Racquet Club
215 S 16th St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
*Please note: This event is led by NUSEA. This event is not owned, controlled or supervised by SquashSmarts, Drexel University, or University of Pennsylvania, or by any of their schools or programs.