Urban Team Nationals 2018
StreetSquash Harlem, Poly Prep Country Day School and
Eastern Athletic Club
New York, NY and Brooklyn, NY
January 19-21, 2018
Tournament Director: Will Campo, email@example.com
10/20 – Academic Contest prompt sent to programs
11/10 – Programs submit Team Request Form for the number of teams requested by gender/age group
11/17 – Programs notified of the number of allotted teams in each category
11/28 – Programs confirm number of teams they are bringing
12/1 – Programs who would like to update player US Squash accounts must submit a US Squash Account Update Form to Jazmin Matos by this date. For this information on creating new accounts, please read SEA’s US Squash Accounts document. Academic contest finalists from each program submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
12/11 – Programs submit rosters on US Squash System. T-Shirt Request Form and waivers for all attending players and staff submitted to SEA. Payments made online. ($20/player entry fee)
*Entry fees will not be refunded, and there will be a late fee of $5/student or $25/team for roster or team changes and waivers submitted after 12/11.
12/15 – SEA releases preliminary seedings. Petition period opens
12/20 – Seeding petitions due
1/11 – Pre-tournament informational call at 1PM EST with all available/attending staff members.
1/15 – Final tournament draw posted on US Squash site
1/19 – Roster order cannot change after check-in
1/20 – Academic Contest winners announced at Urban Team Nationals in New York City
This year, Team Nationals will start on Friday as early as 1:00PM and end on Sunday at 2:00PM. Team Nationals will include U13, U15, U17, and U19 divisions for girls and boys. Only current after-school participants may compete in this event as it is a team-based event (no boarding school or college students). Each participating program must have up-to-date US Squash profiles for their players to enter in this tournament. Teams of five are highly encouraged, but teams of four will be accepted for those who cannot fill a team of five. The weekend will also include academic programming and an awards ceremony running alongside the tournament.
Note on Rosters
- Teams are highly encouraged to have 5 players. Four players will be accepted. Teams may include two alternates, ranked on the ladder as positions 6/7.
- Teams of four default their fifth match, but are required to have a student play twice to fulfill the 5-position match.
- Due to time constraints, alternates will not have an “alternate” match to play. Coaches must substitute alternates into the ladder for students to play matches. Alternates act as part of the ranked ladder, as positions 6/7, and therefore if brought into the official ladder must stay at the bottom positions.
- If a student cannot play for any reason, the student seeded directly behind her/him must bump up one spot. For example, if player 5 on the A-division team becomes injured, player 6 (who would have been player 1 on the B-division team) bumps up to play in the 5 spot of the A team, and player 2 on the B-division team bumps up to player 1, etc. Therefore, when submitting rosters, submit any player who may play during the weekend (this includes alternates). Students should be submitted in proper ladder order based on in-program challenge matches.
- Roster ladders may not change after check-in for the tournament.
- Seedings are based on rankings and finalized by the Seedings Committee
$20 entry fee per student
$5 late fee per student and $25 per team for changes made after the deadline, 12/13
Please pay here.
Travel and Food
Programs are eligible for a $100 airfare subsidy per student, up to 10 total students. Lunch will be provided on Sunday and Monday. SEA will put together hotel blocks for the weekend and send the information via email.
T-Shirt Request Form
General Overnight-Tournament Packing List
Eastern Athletic Club
Poly Prep Country Day School
*Please note: This event is led by SEA. This event is not owned, controlled or supervised by StreetSquash or Poly Prep Country Day School.