Urban Team Nationals
CitySquash & StreetSquash
New York, NY
January 16-18, 2015
11/7 – Requests for the # of teams/entries by age group submitted to Primary Contact
11/21 – Programs notified the # of allotted teams/entries in each category
12/1 – Programs submit initial seeding petition
12/4 – Seeding Committee review
12/19 – Academic Contest essay finalists from each program submitted to email@example.com
12/23 – Final Entries/Rosters submitted to Primary Contact – Entry Payments On-line
12/31 – Draws posted on US Squash
1/7 – Rosters Entered on US Squash by Program
1/9 – Programs submit final seeding petition
1/12 – Final Tournament Draw posted on US Squash
$15 per entry
$15 fee incurred for entries after the deadline or changes to entries/rosters after the deadline.
GU13, GU15, GU17, GU19, BU13, BU15, BU17, GU19
- Programs are highly encouraged to keep teams to five players, and must have a minimum of four players to compete.
- Teams may contain up to seven (with no guarantee that extra players will get to play exhibition matches due to time and court restraints).
- Players are allowed to play in a higher division than their age, but are only allowed to play in one division.
- University Club of New York, 1 West 54th Street
- StreetSquash, 41 West 115th Street
- CitySquash, Fordham University Lombardi Center, Bronx, NY
- BU13 – 6 team round robin
- GU13 – 8 team main draw
- BU15 – 8 team main draw / BU15B – 4 team round robin
- GU15 – 8 team main draw / GU15B – 6 team round robin
- BU17 – 8 team main draw / BU17B – 4 team round robin
- GU17 – 8 team main draw / GU17B – 4 team round robin
- BU19 – 8 team main draw
- GU19 – 8 team main draw
NUSEA Rules of Play
Sportsmanship – High level of sportsmanship is expected of all players.
Eye-wear – All players must wear the proper protective eye-wear during matches. Players will not be permitted to wear prescription eyeglasses on court. Programs will need to provide i-masks or other protective eye-wear.
Uniforms – All players must wear their respective program’s uniforms.
Referee Requirement – Both the winner and loser immediately referee and mark the next match. Winner brings score sheet to tournament desk and receives the score sheet for the next match.
Default – A 15 minute default rule will be put in place.